Yesterday was my birthday and it really was a wonderful day. Why? Of course because of my friends and family but also because of all the well wishes that I received via social media. Often people talk about 'real' friends and virtual friends and yes in a way there is a difference but yesterday taught me
- The power of reaching out and saying that you care
- The power of the web in connecting people
- The power of community and the feeling of belonging
- The power of words - words can light up even the darkest hour.
- The power of ensuring that each person never feels alone
- The power of people. The web is powerful because of the people not because of the technology.
- It can take a second out of your day, to 'make the day' of someone else
Thank you to one and all for showing me that power and I hope that if there is a lesson in having YET another birthday - gosh they are coming fast now! - it is this...don't wait for birthday's to make someone's day, every day is special, every person is special....and in our words we can make that connection.