The last few weeks have been a little tricky for me, for a myriad of reasons however it has made me think about how there seems to be a life-cycle of thinking. A life-cycle
- There is the who am I stage. The early stage of that life cycle and it is important to understand who you are and what your values are...
- There is the what happened to me stage....when problems arise often it shakes you to the core, or makes you think about where you are going....this can be difficult but actually is a wonderful measurement tool in the life cycle. If this is an honest reflection then it helps you reaffirm what is important and how well you are achieving those goals.
- So often brands, companies and even people get stuck on (1) and (2) but in moving through those thinking "growing pains" it is imperative that you then address the who can I be stage. We can live day to day waiting for life or success to happen, alternatively we can decide what legacy we want and then spend each day writing that legacy.
- Don't fear these thoughts, embrace them.
- Don't ignore these thoughts, face them.
- Don't let these thoughts engulf you, let these thoughts shape your future.