Show 317 of The Engaging Brand leadership and marketing podcast is ready just for you. To subscribe or listen for free, you don't need to download anything and all explained at the end of the post.
Dan Hill of Sensory Logic and who is a recognized authority on the role of emotions in consumer and employee behaviour joins Anna Farmery on The Engaging Brand podcast to talk about his fascinating new book About Face which is based on research using facial coding, eye tracking and cutting edge tools. We talk about
- Is advertising still effective?
- How advertising creates emotion not attention
- Are there nuances between industries on what creates emotion?
- How creativity is about the design as much as the message
- How creativity in the delivery can draw outsiders in to the advertising
- The 3 most persuasive words you can use in advertising.
- How emotion appeal can be about the personal motivation as much as creating emotion between people
- Why the face is so important in advertising
- How close ups have 20% more appeal
- The link between creating familiarity and getting people's attention
- How to find the essential human truth to allow consumers to create their own story
- Why should you never lead with price
How you can listen to the Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following http://www.podcasternews.com/feeds/enbr.xml