Show 369 of The Engaging Brand business and marketing podcast is here talking about social media, leadership and marketing and sponsored today by MozyPro Online Backup: Simple, Automatic & Secure Backup - for special offer try today!
Andrea Kates joins Anna Farmery to discuss how to discover and exploit your business genome. Andrea is the founder of the Business Genome® project and author of the bestselling business innovation book, Find Your Next. (You can take a diagnostic test here)
- Why you should be finding your next...rather than looking at the past, in business
- What is the business genome?
- Is there one business genome or a collective genome based on the leadership.
- Why you should take a fresh look rather purely rely on the data.
- How to look outside your industry for new ideas
- 4 steps of developing the business genome - sort, match, hybridise, adapt and thrive
- Why you should use your hunches rather than always data.
- How do you ensure that you match what your business genome should be rather than what you want it to be?
- Are there a risks from new thinking as well as opportunities?
- Is the secret sauce relevant across products rather than the product itself?
- What are the elements of your business genome?
- Take the diagnostic test online to find your next?
- How you turn from looking back to looking forward - trendability is the most important factor!
If you have feedback for me on the show or topics that you would like me to cover then e-mail me at email@example.com or join me on twitter, leave a message at The Engaging Brand Fan Page or join me on to discuss it on Google+
Don't forget to try Mozy Pro backup and keep your data safe!
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed