Show 370 of The Engaging Brand business and marketing podcast is here talking about social media, leadership and marketing and sponsored today by MozyPro Online Backup: Simple, Automatic & Secure Backup - for special offer try today!
Peter Sander joins Anna Farmery to discuss how Steve Jobs approached innovation, customer service and innovation. He has just written a book about the approach called What Steve Jobs would do. You can email Peter with any questions
This isn't the normal type of book and we discuss
- Why did the world need Steve Jobs?
- The concept of 'real artists ship'
- Why most businesses look at leadership as a process?
- Why the tyrannical side of Steve Jobs
- How to create a consensus of vision rather than a consensus decision
- How inventions are only innovation when they are marketable
- The concept of deep needs
- Look underneath the surface of customer needs
- Looking at the boundaries, fringes of the market and make that mainstream!
- The juxtaposition of a being a detailed visionary
- How the Apple presentations showed his love for his product - and if you are not in love how is anyone else going to be?
- How the Apple presentation was as much for the internal communication as the external audience
If you have feedback for me on the show or topics that you would like me to cover then e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or join me on twitter, leave a message at The Engaging Brand Fan Page or join me on to discuss it on Google+
Don't forget to try Mozy Pro backup and keep your data safe!
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed