The Social Business Model is something close to my heart. I believe we are on the verge of a business revolution....not in the sense of social media, which for me was the social ripple before the wave...but in terms of the customer becoming within the walls of the business.
Today, I am presenting at Tedx Bradford 2012 and wanted to share with you some of my thoughts
- Social media was a gateway into business for the consumer, but new technology will break down the walls
- Revolution happens ...and then you realise.....let's learn now from the past, and recoghise what is happening to busines now.
- Social marketing has been about opening up communication, the next wave of social business will open up production to consumers.
- We need to start thinking about why the customer needs us, as a business? If they can start designing and producing through 3D printing....then sharing and collaborating through social media and social networking....is the role of business changing?
- Are we moving from a two way web to a two way social marketplace - consumers design, companies translate? consumers create, companies market for them?
For people who think social media is a fad then this next step must seem futuristic!
However...think about these two things
- People thought personal computers wouldn't take off - so why not 3D printers?
- Why would people want a washing machine when launderettes do it?
- Why would people want to travel by train, when it might cause health problems - people initially thought you may break your neck.
I am working on what that social business model may look like.....watch this space as I show you more inside the social business world.