"I wanted to create a timeless building....This means combining the minimum and maximum from the past, present and future"
I read the quote in Monocle magazine and it got me thinking about branding...
In a sense social marketing is all about the connection of time.
It is about bridging time. It is about valuing time.
For social marketing and the customer it is about
- It's about evoking a memory from the past to trigger the need to buy today
- It's about creating hopes, dreams and benefits in the future to create the need today
For a social marketing and a business, this will only be achieved through
- Learning from the past, but not holding on to the past
- Taking actions today that create hopes for the future
Time is limited but precious.
An annoyance of mine is when people say they don't have time......aaarggghhh....we all have plenty of time, it is about our choices of how we use it...always makes me smile that those people always have loads of time to say how busy they are!!
To get people to make the choice of using their time to see your brand embrace that preciousness of time
- Make it easy to deal with you - help them save time
- Give them social media that helps filter purchasing decisions or provides purchasing insights - help them save time
- Provide the bridge through social marketing from past to present to future - help them value their time and memories.
If I asked you
how many times you added a process to the supply rather than simplified it,
if I asked how many times you gave people information they needed rather than what you want to give....
and if I asked you what you need to bridge from past to future in your category......how would you answer?