Democratisation of the web, does not mean there are no gatekeepers....it's just that the gatekeepers have changed.
- Publishing has moved from editors to google algorithm engineers!
- Article sharing has moved from editors to bloggers
- Awareness has moved from the world of advertising to the word of mouth
- Gossip has gone from the Friday night leaving do to Twitter and social networking....local to global.
The gatekeepers have changed but there are two differences
- There are many more influential bloggers than editors in the world. The gatekeepers have broadened and also become much more accesssible.
- There are tools to find the specific niche influencer....and you don't have to play squash with them!
But the key has not changed.....once you have their name...be it a customer, a blogger, a tweeter etc etc....they need one thing answered before they will share your story...
What value does it create for me and my network?
Too often people attempt to gain buy in through seeing the product or service through their own eyes....the intricate technical benefits....
But to find gain the access key from the gatekeeper to your audience...you need to turn around and see what emotional value do you offer them....