The Engaging Brand podcast covering social media, business ideas and brand marketing tips, is ready to download this week.
Geert Lovink is joining me to discuss some of his latest theories about networks and a critique of social media on us - both as individuals and as a society. You can read about the ideas in Networks without a Cause
- How once the internet changed the world, now the world is changing the internet
- Asking - yes, we look at the uses of social media BUT do we look at the effect of social media on society
- How can you research today with ever changing business ideas?
- Is time an excuse not to try and understand the impact of social media on the world?
- How mobile technology is changing everyday life - the real time aspect of life.
- How living in real time, loses our ability to critique our work and our lives.
- How we use Google to do our thinking for us! Does that make us start to group think, is there a risk that we all think the same?
- Is Google being a monopoly a good or a bad thing?
- Is Google becoming a human filter?
- The dichotomy of the Internet giving everyone a voice versus how the internet creates similarity.
- Are we losing the emotion from history - are we losing human filtering?
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed