So of course there is an alternative to yesterday's The 7 deadly sins of brand marketing
- Being selective with how you communicate with your consumer, make it conversational which means either...fun, entertaining, educational, a secret!...think shareability.
- Love hearing from your customers - positive or negative...You can learn what is great, what is not so great....and remember turning round a negative can be the ultimate in creating customer loyalty.
- Underpromising and overdelivering.....I buy from Abel and Cole....every now and then I get a completely random free gift...from as simple as some lemons or a mince pie...to a cookery book or calender...always surprises, always make me feel valued
- Learn and value the triggers to an emotional purchase. Use imagery, use sensory angles to act as triggers.
- Ask after each sale...the Gallo question.....Did I do enough to create a customer for life?
- Use the social media tools which suit your personality...not because you feel you have to...that way you create authenticity...much easier being you!
- Make marketing social by turning it from a function of a few to a way of life for many....including customers, suppliers, employees. See the brand as the party host not the star attraction.
Take one of these each day and assess
What are you doing well?
What needs to be improved upon?
Who will take responsibility?
What actions do you need to take?
How will you measure your 7 living loves of marketing going forward?