Last Sunday I encouraged you to Make a Strong Start to the Week, so how did you get on?
Friday's are so often seen as 'Thank God It's Friday' but I have always felt that the way you end your week can determine how well you start the next one....so here are 5 tips I use
- Have a look at your diary for this week and next week - be honest, how are you spending your time.....is focused on achieving your goals...if not cull!
- Who has done some outstanding work...maybe stayed late, maybe turned a bad customer service experience around.....leave a handwritten note for them to pick up on Monday morning.
- What have you outstanding on your action list.....does it still need doing, is it a priority, is it aimed at creating value.....if so plan it into your diary next week.
- How are you going to recharge the batteries for next week - remember a healthy body brings healthy profits?
- Play the leadership mirror game for 5 minutes before you leave....take a look in a mirror and really look into your soul.....did you achieve what you wanted to, what did you learn (put into practice next week!), what motivated you (do more of next week!) If you can't think of anything then ask yourself why? It is only adding value to those around you, and to your own life that work becomes as enjoyable as play.
Once you have done that.....write yourself a quite note and leave on your desk of
2-3 things you must do next week
2-3 things you want to work on next week that would add value and energises you