......buy a big one and just wait!
This is one of my favourite quotes from Why Most Things Fail but if I remember rightly it may have been Gary Hamel who is quoted in the book.
The problem is that communication breaks down, functional walls build up but it doesn't have to be that way...
- Remember it is all down to the people you hire......
- The goals you set and how you promote
- Remembering the passion of why the business was created
- Remembering that employees are humans first, roles second
- Remembering that customers are human first, customers second
- When faced with big decisions, refer to your values
How to build a small company.....do these things everyday.....it is so easy to forget why you started the business when you bogged down in form filling. You may only employ 1 or 2 people but still all of these things are vital.