This is a model of memories which I am working on re my PhD work into how social media is affecting how we create personal history.
It is an important tool in social marketing. To engage people then you need to think about
- Sentiment - It is not just the 'thing' that is important it is the emotion which we attach to it. From a marketing angle, you need to evoke memories.
- Space - People live in a world of abundance. Everything is available. Space used to affect our decisions, because we were limited but less so now. From a marketing angle how can you create a personal space for you and the customer?
- Senses - So important, great research by Martin Lindstrom from a marketing angle. The digital world concentrates a lot on visuals...but they need to be emotive visuals. How can you use the other senses to loop back to creating sentiment?
- Stories - Enough said...we live through stories, we share through stories, we remember through stories....how do you help people share, how do you use them to engage?
- Select - We now have a greater ability to select, they can choose you rather than you choosing them. How do you use social media to affect the Google selection for the first page of results, do you give marketing tools for all parts of the buying process - research, selection, purchase?