Following the interview with Sir Terry Leahy of Tesco fame, yet another stunning business interview with a leading figure of the 20th Century fashion world.
Tomio Taki - the man behind Anne Klein Company and Donna Karan International has gone from a childhood in WWII-era Japan to taking over his family’s 200-year-old textile manufacturing company at the age of 26, to revitalizing and launching several major American fashion brands. Donna Karan said of Tomio
“I don’t think I’d be where I am today without Tomio Taki.”- Donna Karan
- 3 Tips to Continuing Success - be prepared, know your enemy, without a loser there is no winner
- How to take a risk as a small business
- How to cope with competition and economic changes, building an even stranger brand
- The need to know what your secondary product is, in case your products don't work
- How the early requirement of taking on family responsibility helped to give him the strength to think independently and be successful in business
- The creation of the DKNY brand with Anne Klein - the difference between starting a business and growing a brand
- How Western leaders need to embrace humility.
- The story of the saw! How a saw shows you there is always more than one way to achieve your goals
You can email Tomio with any questions at Tomio Taki
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed