I enjoy watching Ted Talks and subscribe to most of the podcast feeds and in fact spoke at a Tedx myself earlier this year which is where I met Dr Kieran Fenby Hulse who spoke about how the internet has changed our relationship to music.
I always enjoy thinkers, deep thinkers on how technology is evolving but also how it is changing how society thinks and acts....I recently watched both of Kevin Kelly's talks again and wanted to share with you some of the memorable quotes
- "we're learning .....that it is impossible in theory but possible in practice"
- "we have to get good at believing in the impossible"
- "the value is in incopiable things...the media wants to be liquid"
- "humans are now going to be the extended senses of the machines"
- "wherever life is, it never retreats"
- "the long term trends of evolution are roughly these five things: ubiquity, diversity, specialisation, complexity and socialization"
- "you can delay technology but you can't kill it"