Jonah Sachs, story expert, filmmakter and co-founder of Free Range Studios, whose stories have taken top honors three times at the South by Southwest Film Festival joins Anna Farmery for this weeks Engaging Brand podcast
Jonah's work and opinions have been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, FOX News, Sundance Film Festival, NPR and in FastCompany Magazine who named him one of the 50 most influential social innovators and he joins Anna Farmery to discuss Winning The Story Wars
- How to get heard and how to contribute to a better society
- How the 1960's brought the need for stories in marketing...but what is different now in the digital era?
- The role of the hero's story in marketing
- Do stories inspire us to think differently or do stories show us the way to how we feel?
- How to tell a story to engage people
- Is a You Tube video a progression of the voice (oral) era or the broadcast era? Has digital got that personal aspect which broadcast didn't?
- The role of conflict in stories and the role of conflict in winning the branding wars
- How you need a powerful vision to win the story war....stories need a vision, brands need a vision
- How brands are a reflection of the company, and a reflection of the consumer
- Do brands need to be hero, villain or conflict?
- How you balance telling the truth and inspiring people in marketing.
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed