Dr Kieran Fenby Hulse joins Anna Farmery to discuss how our relationship to music has changed over time. His principal research interest lies with understanding the relationship between music and narrative and how music can tell stories. We discuss
- What role does music play in our lives
- Is the way that we continuously listen to music about isolating ourselves from other people or is it a pure entertainment?
- Has how we listen to music changed over time? How do we listen to music nowadays?
- Has music become a commodity and less of an art?
- Is background music something new to our era?
- How we relate to musak and how it was created.
- The role of the internet - how it allows for personalisation and the significance on society.
- The social aspect of music and how the user is becoming part of the industry.
- Is the recommendation on sites insulating us and stopping us from finding different music?
- Does the user become the curator rather than the music industry?
- The effect of Internet and how it has affected the business model.
- Do brands use music enough to engage consumers?
- How you can use music to influence your mood and can brands influence your mood?
- Does subconscious listening have a difference on the brain?
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed