Show 398 – Creating a conversational style
Michael Slind is a writer, editor, and communication consultant. He has served as managing editor and as a senior editor at Fast Company magazine joins Anna Farmery to discuss Talk Inc and the shift to organisational conversations. We discuss
- The four elements of managing communication in a conversational world
- How do you retain the qualities of a small business when your business grows
- How it's not about physical distance, it's about emotional distance.
- Is it about informalising traditional communication or formalising the grapevine?
- How the grapevine is often more honest – but it is an important part of the information
- How not only do the words matter….the person saying them…matter
- How you need a filter for the pipeline of ideas
- It's not just the idea that is important, it is the concept of having the conversation about the idea that is just as critical
- How technology doesn't make you interactive, interactivity is about culture
- Are their different style of conversations in business just as there is in your personal life?
- Is communication always remain a problem – because it can never catch up with technology?
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed