Tony Tjan joins me, Anna Farmery to talk about what it takes to be an entrepreneur and how to get inside the mindset and culture of entrepreneurs - what makes them tick, what drives decision making and understanding the role of self awareness for entrepeneurs - from his book Hearts, Smarts, Guts and Luck, you can take the entrepreneurial aptitude test here
- What are the 4 key traits of what makes successful entrepreneur's tick?
- Are the traits of the self awareness aptitude test sector based?
- What are the demographics of the entrepreneur spirit?
- Why IQ is less important than self awareness in building a business
- Examples of what is your principle trait for decision making
- How 30% of successful entrepreneurs don't have a business plan
- The need to have a plan for your business rather than a static business plan
- Asking yourself what are your 8 nuances that make you stand out from the competition
- How you need to be detailed but on the business....purpose, then product and then profit.
- Asking yourself on failure - was my standard reasonable?
- Are entrepreneurs tough on themselves?
- How luck is not random - it is a function of curiousity, optimism and putting yourself in the right place.
- What can government do to support entrepreneurship?
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed