As it is a special milestone I invited Duann Scott from Shapeways to talk about how new models are developing which are different to the traditional business model – bringing the customer inside of the walls.
- How Shapeways are working with the customer to design, build and sell their own ideas
- How they create a marketplace for small business and a test market for ideas
- How mass production is being overtaken by stock on demand
- How Shapeways is helping companies make a higher profit margin
- How consumers can think, make and sell their own ideas…now!…how Shapeways see the future trends of manufacturing
- Is 3D printing an online activity or will it lead to retails stores?
- How personalised gifts are changing from adapting a standard product to mass customisation
- Are we near to a factory in a kitchen with 3d printer and what is 3D printing?
- What are the legal implications of printing in 3d and the role of copyright in emerging markets
- Should business be looking at partnering with Shape ways or getting the emerging technology in house – new revenue streams for your business
- How the change in digital files has changed the music and film industry – and how it will change other industries in the future
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed