Many companies who are interested in social media think that they will run out of things to blog about after the first week or so….Here is a poster that I use to help them think about blogging for business and indeed any other social marketing initiative
Whether it be a song, a film, a book….remakes can be even more popular than the original content.
Social media is about exploring your area of expertise from many angles, which I often describe as the social diamond approach. Just as a diamond shines because of the angles, so your social media can 'dazzle' by taking viewpoints to your sector or industry
- What do you customers ask in relation to your business – take the customer as the starting point?
- What is your story, passion…who are you? – blog from your angle
- What are the key influencers in your industry thinking, reasearch? – take a look at the business sector as a whole and add your commentary.
- What are the trends in general which will affect your consumers world – take a look at the long term angle?
- What are the changes that have happened in society? – take a look at societal angle for your business.
When social marketing is done best, it is a remake yes of your subject area…but like all great director's you put your twist on it….you change the context of the story. Your story stays constant to help build the brand equity, however you look outside of your business to change contexts which resonate with your consumers.
If you did a movie poster of your blog what would it say?