The listener of the week and winning an Engaging Brand goodie bag is Stuart Paterson . Remember the goodie bad is picked from all the people who share, like, tweet about the Engaging Brand podcast to say a BIG thank you from me!
Today I am talking to Edit founder Matthew May, part creativity coach, part innovation catalyst who works with creative teams all over the world, helping them track down elegant solutions to complex problems. He is also the author of four critically acclaimed, award-winning, and/or bestselling books on business innovation:
- The concept of the 6 laws of subtraction.
- Case studies on how to take away complexity to increase business value
- Are we overwhelmed with choice of "things" rather than choice of customer experiences?
- How brands are brains!
- How to subtract the obvious and add the meaningful to create simplicity in business
- Is simplicity the complexity of business!
- How the balancing act between simplicity and complexity…is elegance….and how the use of the diamond analogy can help you understand it.
- How the web interface…needs to embrace the ideas of patterns but also incorporate a degree of unusual design that surprises the customer.
- How imagination is the mortar to hold ideas together…..but whose imagination? The reader or the creator?
- How telling a story should leave a gap..for the reader or listener to fill in based on their experience
- How brands and consumers need constraints to be creative?
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed