Podcast 419 – Defending Your Brand
The listener of the week and winning an Engaging Brand goodie bag is Karthik@Karikudy (Twitter handle) from Bangalore. Remember the goodie bad is picked from all the people who share, like, tweet about the Engaging Brand podcast to say a BIG thank you from me!
Today is an interview with Tim Calkins who is clinical professor of marketing at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management where he teaches marketing strategy, biomedical marketing and strategic marketing.
- How competition in business is the ultimate compliment for marketing and business in general.
- Doesn't the definition of capitalism require competitors in business to succeed?
- Does competition in business makes you improve customer service management?
- How do you assess the financial risks of a competitor and how to manage operational risk of a new entrant into your market?
- How do assess risk from competitors in an adjacent market who offer new products to the market?
- Are we too obsessed with a growth strategy?
- Defensive tactics to stop a competitor
- Is defending your brand a psychology in business question as much as a financial one?
- How do you perform competitive analysis?
How you can listen to The Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following RSS Feed