I often feel that social marketing is not replacing elements of business and society, but filling a human gaps that have been created.
- As community is less prevelant in the physical world and therefore social networking fills that gap.
- As commuity identify wanes because of (1) does our social life fill that identity gap.
- As life moves from rural to city dwelling and we become more lonely yet surrounded by people does social media act as our social glue?
- As capitalism brings more choice, does Google act as our human filter for choice overload.
- As our jobs market moves from production to creation does the social web become our factory of ideas.
- As we live further from each other, does the social web act as a virtual sitting room.
- As we move from having family to ask as we live further apart, Google fills a knowledge gap.
- As entertainment becomes more expensive - You Tube, Pinterest, social media fills our social need.
- As work becomes more automated, ideas and knowledge become the currency for success - collaboration and sharing become the new ATM's for them.
- As the business market extends past local, national to global, social media acts as a bridge to global connection.