Show 468 – Reinventing Your Personal Brand On The Web
Anna Farmery speaks with Dorie Clark about how to reinvent yourself when you want to change direction with your expertise on the web. Dorie is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review and Forbes as a recognised expert on branding. This questions was raised by a listener who is looking to redefine their expertise and so I ask Dorie about
- Is the New Year a good time for reinventing yourself?
- Do people spend enough time on the what and why of reinvention?
- How to approach planning for personal success in 2014.
- How to plan a year after a year of success in 2013.
- How to transition from being an expert in one area to another.
- How to transition your following over to a new area of expertise.
- How to approach transitioning your web presence from one area to another.
- What to think about from a personal branding perspective to ensure you make the transition successful
- Tips on how to create back up plans for the time lag between when you choose to change path and your followers …follow.
- Whether thought leadership is something you can determine or is it determined by readers/followers.